Whether you are an audiologist, audiometrist, speech pathologist, nurse, social worker, occupational therapist or some other health worker you are respected by those with hearing or speech impairments.
Many people with these impairments only find out about relay calls and the NRS through the health professionals who work with them.
If you are a health professional, it is important that you can:
- provide up-to-date information about relay calls to your clients, and
- show how the NRS can help many clients have effective phone conversations and retain their independence and privacy.
Our e-learning module
The NRS has developed this module to raise awareness and understanding of the service among key intermediaries such as yourselves.
It will help you learn about the NRS so you can confidently recommend the service to your clients and support them in making relay calls.
The module includes:
- true stories of NRS users
- detailed video animations showing how the different relay call options work
- interactive video activities with ‘virtual clients’
- info on what you can do next.
The module may also help you to earn Continuing Professional Development (CPD) recognition.
To find out more and to begin the module, go to the relevant page: