However, bear in mind that the NRS has no control over changes to platforms managed by other organisations.
We encourage NRS customers who are currently making internet relay calls through instant messaging to make them through the NRS app or the NRS website. The platform is slightly different but the process for making a call is the same. The NRS app and website internet relay platforms will be updated and improved over time. The legacy platform that allows AIM-based internet relay calls will not.
Please note that you cannot receive calls when using internet relay through AIM. If you want to receive calls you need to do it through the NRS website.
Making a call
1. Open the AIM application and add nrsiprelay to your buddy list.
2. Type 'call' into the conversation window and press 'Send'.
3. Click on the link shown on the next page and type the area code and number you want into the top box
Note that if you are making a 1300 or 1800 call then you will be asked to select your state/territory from a dropdown list.
4. Type the letters you see in the security image into the box below, then click ‘Connect' and close the window when prompted.
5. Once you are connected, the relay officer will ring the person you want to call, and you can then start typing your side of the conversation.
6. When you have finished the first block of text, just click 'Send'.
The relay officer becomes ‘your voice' and reads aloud to the person you are calling what you type on your computer, then listens to what the other person says and types it back for you to read.