Phone 1800 555 660
TTY 1800 555 630
Fax 1800 555 690
(calls to these numbers are free from landlines)
SMS 0416 001 350
Mail 21A Elliott St, Balmain, NSW 2041
- is the best number to call for all your questions or requests. The Helpdesk can usually provide information directly or put you in touch with someone who can help you further
- can respond to general inquiries about the NRS.
- can provide information about the different call options including using TTYs and internet relay. As well as phone advice, the Helpdesk can refer you to factsheets on the website and send other information - brochures, booklets, posters and DVDs - it's all free.
- can help you set up a caller profile to help make your calls go more smoothly
- can arrange for someone to visit you to provide free training in using your TTY and using the service
- can provide advice about difficulties you may have in using the NRS
- can refer you to local staff who can provide education and information to you, your service or interest group.
Our aim is for the National Relay Service to be as useful, professional and friendly as possible. However if you have a complaint about any aspect of our service, please contact us by phone, fax, email, mail or via our online feedback form. See our full complaints policy.
Publications, videos and other free resources
You can order any of our wide range of free resources using the order form.
The Helpdesk is open from 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday (Sydney time). You can leave a message outside those hours and we will get back to you.
Internet relay FAQs
If you are having any problems making an internet relay call you can check out these questions and answers to help you sort it out.